Friday, May 2, 2008

My Neighbors are back.



The same pair of Yellow Crowned Night Herons come back every year to make their nest in the oak... two trees down from the gallery here on Church Street.
They arrived last week on Tuesday and have been busy rebuilding their nest.
I showed the pair to , Robin & Jim Roberts a couple visiting here in Charleston, sailing their way up the coast. Here are some good close up photos they sent me of the nesting pair.

It is so wonderful to live in such a beautiful place and to surrounded by all the Natural History. A constant conformation of how what I do parallels what I see....Mark Catesby painted them while he was here in the Carolina Lowcountry the early 1700’s. ....Audubon's incredible image of the Yellow Crowned Night Herons and the detail or graphics of the feathers really is a great image.

No comments: